Directions for a PC
To access and use English + Associates’ FTP site from a PC, follow these simple steps:
- Open "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" on your computer. These will usually be located on your desktop, or in your start menu.
- Click the text field at the top of the Windows Explorer window. This displays a typing cursor.
- Type ftp://english-architects.com and press "Enter".
- When prompted, enter your username and password into the login window.
- Double-click a folder to view its contents. Windows Explorer displays the list of files and folders using the same icons that it would for the files on your own computer.
- Drag a file from the Windows Explorer window to your Desktop or another folder to download it.
- Close the Windows Explorer window to disconnect from the FTP site.
Directions for a MAC
To access and use English + Associates’ FTP site from a MAC, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Finder and click “Go” in the Finder menu, then select “Connect to Server.” This will bring up the Connect to Server dialog box. (A shortcut for this step is Command K.)
- Type ftp://english-architects.com in the “Server Address” field and press “connect”.
- When prompted, enter your username and password into the login window. The FTP server will open in a Finder window and can be browsed using Icon, List, Column or Preview mode on your Mac.
- To download a file, drag and drop the file to your desktop or the directory where you want to download the file.
- To disconnect from the FTP server, drag the FTP server icon on your desktop to the trash when you are finished with downloading your files to the FTP server.